Saturday, September 1, 2007

YAY!!!

Is this how it's going to be for the next 103 weeks? Waiting every day for a letter? Well, today I wasn't disappointed. We got our letter I've been waiting for all week. He wrote it on Wednesday morning (P-day). He had been to the Temple and after he wrote the letter, he got the package I mailed him earlier in the week and then wrote another letter to answer some of the questions I had asked him. I'm putting another package together for him which includes some treats. But, because of Labor Day, he won't get it before Tues. or Wed. Ok, enough of the missionary stuff!

I cleaned this AM. I cleaned off the bookshelf we have by our back door that is our mail/phone center (read junk collector). It looks so much nicer. Now, I just need to put in the right place all the stuff that was stacked on it because we needed to keep it, but just didn't take the time to put it away at the moment. I've decided that I just need a file cabinet to carry around with me everywhere I go so I can file away the various receipts and other things I always save because I think I might need them some time. By the way, how many years of pay stubs and tax records do you really need to hang onto? I think I have way more than I need.

This afternoon, Nathan came over and took Michael's bed and we brought Davids bed in from the garage and set it up in Mike's room. David promptly announced that he was going to start sleeping on it because it's more comfortable. Fine, but I told him this room is going to become the room I have my sewing machine up in. I'm not worried because he's seldom home going to bed early enough that it would interfer with any sewing I want to do.

This afternoon, after Nate left, I turned on the TV and Beaches was on. I sat down to watch it and it had been a really long time since I had watched it and I just bawled. Who couldn't bawl watching that?

Now, My Best Friend's Wedding is on and I'm about to watch Jerry Maguire (while I do other things, of course). I just had a gourmet baloney sandwich for dinner about to be followed up with a desert of cantaloupe. Ah, life is grand!!!

1 comment:

Kellie Knapp said...

hey hott mama... I live right here near the MTC so if you want me to sneak mike in some pizza or yummy treats.. LET ME KNOW... I'll put on all black and camo gear and pull a sneak attack. :) just reading your blogs makes me all misty eyed... i'm going to die when my lil bro goes on a mission in the spring... I can't even think about it... I'm way to pregnant for that. :)