Monday, September 17, 2007

Mike's adress

We got the 5 day awaited letter from Mike.
His address is: Elder Michael Garrard
2212 Montauk Rd. #3,
Roanoke, VA 24017

He didn't say much, other than he got there ok. And he's "still pretty pumped abou Sarah being pregnant. Now Gus will have someone his age to play with :)". Got a photo of him and the mission pres & wife and another one of him and his trainer, Elder Lewis. Howard got home before I did and was already on the computer looking up all there is about Roanoke. It's a town of about 90,000 and has been voted as on of America's Most Liveable Cities. Whatever that means, it sounds nice. It's in a nice big valley. The weather is in the 70s in the days right now and lows are in the 50s. It gets 20+ inches of snow a year, although I would imagine he'll only be there a few months before transfers.

And, on an unrelated note...There is a new coffee outlet called Saxby's at the corner of Wigwam & Paradise. They have THE BEST Peach Smoothies EVER!!! I recommend them. Just ask for a frequent buyer card. When you buy 10, you get the 11th one free. They have Strawberry and another flavor, but all I've ever had is the peach. Good stuff!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Yes, I know "address" is spelled with two "d"s. This keyboard has issues!

Stac said...

Oh, I got a coupon in the mail today for that place for buy one get one free. I will give it to you. Glad to see pictures of Mike. he looks happy.

The RealFatman said...

Peach anything rocks!!! My favorite Jolly rancher is the peach one!!!

Beth said...

Stacy, thanks! But, really, you should try it for you and Nate. You'll be hooked. But,if you really don't want it....

Nathan LeSueur said...

I happened on your blog.. Which mission is Mike serving? I have a brother in the Richmond, Virginia mission.