Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Got a short call

Mike called today from the airport in SLC, but had only put in enough $$ for a 3 minute call. When, 2 minutes into it he got the announcement that he only had 1 minute left, I told told him to call back in 45 minutes. Try to call collect to my cel phone. Turns out my cel phone didn't accept collect calls. So, he called again when he was in Cincinatti. This time he had 5 minutes. But, he only got to talk about 3 minutes because the entire zone was motioning to him that it was time to go and get on the plane. So, not long convos. But, he sounded good and was glad to be on his way. I'm assuming he's sleeping in the Mission Home tonight and will be assigned to his trainer and get to his new area tomorrow. Can't wait to hear from him. He had to spend $150 in the MTC for immunization boosters. Can you believe that? If I had known he needed shots, he could have gotten them here before he left, but no one or anything ever indicated he neeeded that. So, I have a missionary. Not a missionary-in-training, a real, bonifide missionary. It's great!

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

short but sweet!!!

Molly said...

yay for Mike! We got a letter from him. He's so cute...he was like "I'm praying for you guys everyday...that Molly will get a good job." awww....I love Mikey!

Julina said...

7-8 minutes is still 7-8 minutes longer than I got... but still, I've decided it's a good thing. I mean, if I had answered, he might not have been able to talk to you, and mom's are so much more of a priority than I am. So I'm ok with the situation. AND, I don't know exactly how I would have reacted to hearing his voice and it might have been distracting. At least I have a voice mail to listen to. So there we have it. And yes, he is so oblivious to the important things. I need his address too you know. Does he think I live with you or something? boys.