Thursday, September 27, 2007

Woo-Hoo

I'm excited about the family camp out. HUGE Thanks for Nate & Stacy for setting up my tent/air mattress for me before I get there!!! For the first time in a long time, after work, I felt like I had some energy. Enough to stop at the store and get a few things. Maybe its the excitement of tomorrow night/Saturday. Maybe it's the "Simply Sleep" I took last night that ensured a good night's sleep. Whatever the reason, it feels good to not feel exhausted @ 5:00 PM and ready to collapse into bed, given the chance. I'm actually going to make dinner!

Most of you know we got an email from Michael this week. He's in Roanoke, Va. and as he put it, "they don't believe in flat ground here". Funny. Well, not funny if you're the one on the bike. He sounds good and like he's staying busy. Seems to like his trainer and the elders in his Zone which is good. I have no idea how far reaching his Zone is, though.

I see on the news that a crazy man, fighting with his wife, punched the principal at the school where the fight was happening. School dance for an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Maybe I'm just a little old (I know!), but seriously, school dances for elementary students??? Can't they just be kids and look forward to school dances when they're old enough to date??? Not that the dance has anything to do with the punching of the principal. He reportedly just got in his car and drove away. They are looking for him. And, the police are saying that the principal shouldn't have gotten involved. Kind of sounds like blame-the-victim to me. There aren't enough people willing to step up and call people on their behavior if you ask me. But, it's totally sad that the FEMALE principal got punched in the FACE by the IDIOT husband.

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

bring on the S'mores baby!!!

Julina said...

I agree. More people should call others out on their inapropriate behavior. What is the deal with society today. And I am SO jealous that you guys are all going on a campout. I wish our family did things like that.

Beth said...

Well, this IS a first. At least for the LV bunch. The California bunch camp at the beach every year. I hope we don't freeze. It's really windy today in the valley. I can only imagine how the wind will be up on the mountain. Oh well, I hope I don't freeze.