Sunday, September 16, 2007

Journal

I just posted and then decided I should check my Joural jar and see if I could find something I felt like writing about. So, here's another journal post:

What are your favorite things about your brother, Gary?

Well, I don't remember life without him because he's older than me. He's always been there. As a kid, I thought he was IT. He was good looking and smart. He had good friends; I really didn't until I was 12. He just KNEW stuff. Because he was older. Then, we grew up. He looked out for me. Our parent's marriage was crap. After he joined the military, he came home one time on emergency leave, in part because I needed him. Later, when I ran away my one and only time of doing that, I went to Gary's. Unfortunately, he was not able to allow me to stay with him, but again, he took leave and took me home and helped figure out what would happen with me. He's the first person I remember that talked to me and listened to me and treated me like an adult. Even when I wasn't yet. (One time, when I was 14 and he was 19, he took me with his girlfriend to a club. I looked older than I was). He shouldn't have done that, I suppose, but it shows that he treated me like an adult. I think he's a really smart man. He is a good husband and dad. His wife has lots of health issues, (many are serious ones) and he has stepped up and really done what a good husband does. He has a son that has taken him down a path no parent ever wants to go. And he still loves him and tries to be a good dad. He is talkative. I like that. He can converse with pretty much anyone. He got that from our dad. He has a sense of humor. We share a history. He likes to cook. As a matter of fact, he does most of the cooking. And ENJOYS it. He's always looking for new things to make or make old things in a new way. I'm getting to that place where if I don't cook anymore I can't be sad about it. He's happy to see me. He loves me. And, I am CONVINCED that we were meant to be together as siblings from the pre-earth existence. I can't explain how much I love him. I always want to help him. These are some of the things I like about my brother.

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

This is a sweet post I hope Gary reads this!