Saturday, September 15, 2007

Motivation

Or the lack of...I woke up this Saturday morning at 6:40 or so. It was so great to "sleep in". I didn't get to bed until almost midnight, so I guess it's about the same amount of sleep I usually get. Anyway, most Saturdays begin like this one did. I, before I even open my eyes, try to determine what time it is by sensing how much light is in the room. I pretty much called it today. Then, I calculate what time it is in West Virginia, figure out what Mike will be doing about now and pray for him. Then, I decide if it's worth even trying to go back to sleep or will it just be a 20 minute waste of time while my head spins with things to do. So, giving up on that idea, but with the head still spinning, I decide to make a list (Sarah, aren't you proud of me?) of all the things I want/could/need to do today. These aren't prioritized at all. That gives me leverage to not do some of them!
1. Buy groceries (My FAVORITE thing to do---NOT)
2. Write A. Shirley a letter since today is her birthday and she won't speak to me anymore.
3. Mail A. Shirley & U. Dick's 4 boxes of crystal and cut glass heirlooms back to them. I had said I wouldn't until they sent me the $$, but I've decided it's worth the $$ to get it out of the garage.
4. Buy birthday gifts for Brevin, Brock and Brooklyn (don't you love the alliteration in that?)
5. Cut out dresses for Caylee & Zoee
6. Put photos in my photo album & Scrapbook.
7. Frame a cross stitch project.
8. Buy me some perfume I have been out of.
9. Go check out the enclosed toe Birkenstocks I had sent to the store near me and see if I would want them.
10. Write a tribute to our former Bishop.
11. Go to Catherines and see if I can find something new to wear to work, now that it's "long pant season".
12. Lube & wash my car--not me personally, but take it to have it done.
13. Hang a kitchen window valance I've had for 2 months.
14. Return some things to a store.
15. Finish tying some quilts to send to Elaine to take to Mexico.
16. Make some chili from my dad's recipe.
17. Make some zucinni bread.
18. Find the grater attachment to my new Cuisinart food processor so when I grate the zuccini thats OBSCENELY big, it won't be an all day project. WHERE did I put that sucker????
19. Go to the bank and deposit some checks.
20. Read my scriptures.
21. Work on a Christmas cross stitch I started in February.
22. Work on a quilt.
23. Figure out how I'm going to get my new sewing machine cabinet put together.

It's now 8:20. I haven't done any of them. Can't tell you how many I will do. Maybe 8. That sounds good. I'll let you know later. Because here's what happens. I know I need to do these things (need being a relative term, of course). Certainly CAN do them. WANT to have them done. Know I'd feel great at the end of the day to know they were done. But I can't get excited about doing any of them. I think it's because these will be solitary tasks for me. What do I really want to do? Do something WITH someone. . .Take a trip. Go to lunch with friends. Whatever.

On a lighter note...pretty sure today is the day we might get a letter from Mike telling us WHERE IN THE WORLD HE IS!!! How can he have sent an email and not told us the town he's in?????? It's pretty weird to spend the past 3 days not knowing where he's living. West Virginia? Virginia? And, I hope it's a nice, long, newsy letter.

And, I found a GREAT price on a ticket to Louisville, KY. I'm going to see my brother in November. $150.00. Round trip. Pretty good. Non stop, both ways. I'm excited about that. It's been over 2 years since I saw him.

Well, it's now 8:37 and I need to get going on that list!

4 comments:

Stac said...

whoa. Thats a long list. you are makine a dress for Zoee?

Beth said...

Well...if I ever get it cut out!

Molly said...

busy bee Beth! Could you send me Mike's new address?? Thanks!

Kellie Knapp said...

ok, that list makes me want to go take a nap... but I'm in my third trimester, so eating a cookie makes me want to take a nap too :)