Sunday, September 16, 2007

In case you were wondering...

I got exactly 7 & 2 halfs items of my list done yesterday. #1,2,4, half of 6, 7,9,half of 12 & 19. That equals 8 doesn't it? I didn't even count and stop when I got to 8, it just worked out that way. I was just guessing the odds!

When Mike spoke in church before he left, Sydney, Mackenzie and Erin performed a musical number. The little girls felt that with a little more practice they might could do it again, only this time in Sydney & Erin's ward. So, this morning, I excused myself from our ward and went to church in Erin's ward. The girls all did a great job. They got lots of compliments. I had a tender moment, because Dodie Barlow was there (Kenzie's other grandma) and she is the one that taught Erin piano for many years, years ago. It was kind of a full circle moment. Sydney is now taking lessons, though not from Dodie or Erin, but still, it was sweet to see the two of them at the piano. And, Mackenzie is so great on the violin, after only 1 year of lessons, I think.

Going to church in another ward is interesting. I enjoyed it. It was high council week and I really enjoyed the speakers. Both of them. Especially Bro. Wharter. Sunday school by Bro. Lyman was interesting. It's plain that he is a really intelligent man. Like he could tell you which book of the new testament certain topics are discussed. I can't do that. I can remember the words to a scripture, but not which book or chapter it is. I think I know the Stripling Warrior account is in Helaman, and I know the appearance of Jesus is in 3 Nephi, but not which book circumcision is discussed or things like that. I need to read more, I suppose. Relief Society was a treat. The teacher was really good. And, Erin conducted. That was nice for me to see. She did a good job, by the way.

That's it for today.

No comments: