Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Today is the day

Today is the day we leave for Provo, UT to take Mike to the MTC. David has to work and has to miss the trip, darn it. Nate, too. Doesn't real life just get in the way, sometimes? Gotta hate that!

Mike was set apart as a missionary last night, so now, he's officially Elder Garrard. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? After the stress earlier, it was a nice way to end the day. I just know he's going to be an AWESOME missionary. I also know that he's got some serious culture shock in store for him. But, he'll do fine.

Gotta run get some last minute things for him at the store. I bailed and went to bed last night around 10:30 or 11:00. I have no idea what time he got to sleep. Nate was coming by on his way home from work.

Will post when I get back.

2 comments:

Jerolyn said...

bye Mike see you in 2!

Stac said...

I was planning on bringing you guys some since I know you guys love them. I will call you and see how many you want me to get. they aren't very expensive so I can get as many as I need to. I might get a bushell and share the Heaven with everyone!!