Saturday, August 11, 2007

L-O-O-N-G Day

So, I went to bed last night at midnight :15. Because I didn't have to be up for work @ 4:40. Figuring I'll sleep till 6:30 or 7:00. No! I was WIDE awake @ 5:03. I thinkI finally rolled out of bed around 5:30. Good thing, though. I got up and started on Mackenzie's dress I wanted to finish for her, since I finished Sydney's last week. I had a nail appt. @ 9:30 then Mike & I went to the bank to take care of some pre-mission finances. Had to run to Hancock fabric to get something I needed for the dress. Grabbed lunch with Mike. By the time we got home it was 1:00 and since I was operating on less than 5 hours sleep, I as way too tired and had a short nap. Got up around 2:20 and finished the dress @ 6:00. All the while, I'm thinking of all I still need to do for the Open House tomorrow night we're throwing for Mike. When I started planning this, I was really going to keep it simple, food wise. But, after speaking to Sarah, I got nervous and decided to do barbeque pork sandwiches, baked beans, veggies & fruit and dips and cake and cookies. So, Howard went to Sam's and picked up an order I placed yesterday with the "click & pull option". But, I ended up going back to get stuff I hadn't thought about when I placed the order. Got gas. Got home @8:30. Started cutting and chopping and slicing. Put away the sewing machine & stuff. For the first time in 2 weeks you can see my kitchen table. It's ow 11:05 and I'm headed to bed so I can get up and get going in the AM so I can be to church early, since Mike is speaking. Still need to clean up and vacuum & mop. Realized half the invites to the open house doesn't have the time. Oh well...I guess we'll see how it goes.

No comments: