Friday, August 10, 2007

Here I am again

Well, it's my last Friday off work today as today is the end of my four-10 hour day work week. I'm sad to see Friday's off end, but I'm NOT sad to not have to be getting up @ 4:40 every morning. That one extra hour sleep will be GLORIOUS, I'm sure. It makes me feel too old to be tired and ready for bed by 8:30 or 9:00 at night!

Today, I've got a laundry list of things to do, most of which probably won't get done. If I were Sarah, that alone would keep me up at night! I'm taking a guy in our ward to an appointment this AM. I met him a few weeks ago when he was in the hospital. I feel so bad for this guy and am curious to see how things turn out in his life. He's a member of our church, but hasn't been active in it for years. He has a girlfriend who is much younger than he. He was a taxi driver but several weeks ago got sick and hasn't been able to work. No one is able to say for sure, from what I understand, that is the exact problem. When I saw him in the hospital, he had a severe tremor in his right arm. Tremor doesn't seem to adequately descibe it. His left arm and hand were involutarily jerking non stop and had been for days. Which caused his shoulder muscles to spasm and cause severe pain. He had generalized weakness and now can't walk and is relegated to a wheelchair. Speech was difficult as he stammered really bad. I guess it was stammering. At any rate, it was hard for him to speak. Seems like a really nice guy. They kept him in the hospital for about 2 weeks They finally sent him to a "rehab" hospital for a few days, which I've decided is where they send patients they can't cure or can't appropriately diagnose. How can you "rehab" someone without a clear diagnosis? Since then, the best idea is that he's had a stroke, but it sounds rather uncertain to me, from what I understand. Anyway, he was only there for a few days and now he's home. Out of work. Girlfriend doesn't drive. No real job, though she paints and tries to sell religious icons. Sad. No real family support in town. Anyway, I'm picking him up at 8:30 and taking him to some appointment. Then I have a chiropractor appointment at 10:30 and...who knows from there. Maybe lunch with my kids??? Some sewing?

Michael is leaving in 12 days. Yikes. I can't believe it's that soon.

Gotta run. Things to do. Places to go.

No comments: