Thursday, August 16, 2007

How Ironic is It?

How ironic is it that after my post about whenever I'm sick...I GET SICK. Not majorly, I-think-I'm-gonna-die sick. I have an Upper Respiratory Infection. Maybe you'd call it a cold, maybe a sinus infection. I'm on amoxicillin. And here's the biology question of the week. HOW in the world, when your nose is so stuffed you can't breathe, even a little bit, from one nostril, can it be that you can LITERLLY DRIP? That was my night last night. Got to bed around 10:30 and have to be up by 5:30. At 1:40, I woke up hacking and coughing and not being able to breath and DRIPPING! Drip, drip, drip. And, wide awake. Couldn't go back to sleep till 3:something. When the alarm went off at 5:30, I just knew there was no way I was going to work today so I called in. I think it's a blessing in disguise, really. House cleaner lady is here today and I want to "direct" her a little. Friends are stopping here tonight and I want to be sure David gets his room (also known as the guest room) cleaned up enough the Health District doesn't get called in and I just have putzing around stuff to do. Plus I'm sure around mid morning, I'm going to crash and need a nap to make up for my 1:30-3:whatever shift I took out of my sleep last night. Maybe encourage Michael to get started on boxing up his room before he leaves in 5 days! Remind me not to blog about car accidents or people dying!!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

That stinks. I have a cold too, and the night time is the worst when you just want to sleep and breath normally, but your nose is all clogged and making a big mess.

annilee said...

I'm sorry you're sick! Can I bring you some homemade chicken noodle soup? And just so ya know I've never made it before! But I can always call in Pizza! No really, if you need anything let me know!

The RealFatman said...

I was wondering were I got my cold from and I think I just figured it out. I got it from reading your blog!!