Monday, August 20, 2007

Man, you just never know what the day will hold!

It's 5:10 on Monday afternoon. Michael is being set apart tonight @8:00. He's out playing his friends. I kind of think that maybe packing for the next two years might be a priority, but I guess that's just MY priority, not his. Anyway, I know he's having a good time with his friends that he won't be seeing for a while.

However, it IS adding to an already SUPER stressful day. I've worked ALL DAY, putting out last minute fires that happen in the Transportation department of the Clark County School District. Being gone the next two days isn't helping much, workwise. I've had no choice than to leave work I should be doing to someone else. A superisor keeps sending out "reminders" of all the work we'd better have done, or it can reflect in our evaluations. In the meantime, I find out about a major construction project that necessitates me to put in two extra drivers at a MS in the SW region. Brand new school. Problem is: don't have two extra drivers. In the meantime, drivers who have done their first day of "dry runs" are coming in with corrections and issues that all need to be dealt with. Blah, blah, blah! Plus, new personnel in our office who don't know enough to be really helpful so we more experienced people have even MORE work to do than normal.

Other stress? The battery in the truck Michael drives died. It got towed home, but is sitting in the driveway needing a battery. Crappy timing. Why? Here's why:

Howard found out THIS AFTERNOON that he's being transferred to a different school. He's in mourning. He LOVES his school. So, we're gone tomorrow and Wednesday, he's going to have to pack and move from his current school to the new school on Thursday and Friday and start school Monday never having worked there before! How does that stink for him? It's really a compliment to his abilties, and I'm so proud of him for that. He was chosen for his strengths and I know he'll be total asset to the school. But, still, he was happy and content where he was. And a dead truck isn' going to be too helpful on the moving thing. I'm not sure when we'll get a new battery bought/installed.

And, did I mention that Michael is leaving tomorrow? For TWO years? And I'm emotional anyway? Not to mention menopausal (think HOT)? I think the Lord should only send daughters to mothers who will be menopausal when the kid turns 19. I know he COULD do that if he wanted to. Or, make menopause happen when you're, oh, I don't know...72? Sounds good to me.

OK, I've vented. Now, I have to pull myself together so we can at least have the Spirt in the neighbrhood tonight when he gets set apart as missionary.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Poor Howard...I know how much he loved that school. It's probably for the better though! And as for the truck battery, I believe Sears will come out and install it for you...not sure though, but it's worth a shot! :)

Julina said...

ugh! I'm so sorry. But at least I tried to make up for keeping him out all day by helping him pack. I don't know how much good it did, considering he won't know what he packed, or where any of it is, but there you have it. I am really sorry for all of that stress though, doesn't sound fun at all.