Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let the Shopping Begin!

Last night Sarah & Tyler and Erin & Kevin and Stacy and Howard & I went to dinner. It was fun and nice. During dinner, shopping for the grandkids came up and Stacy suggested that she and Erin & Sarah go with me to shop for the kids this year, which I was MORE than happy to hear. So, we planned to go shopping this afternoon. Squeeze it in while Caylee was at a birthday party. Unfortunately, Zoee got sick and Stacy couldn't go. However, I was able, with the parents/aunts input, able to get all the clothes shopping for all the kids done. Now, I just need to wrap them and I'm good. With 9 grandkids, that's quite an accomplishment in one day. Thanks Sarah and Erin. Especially Erin. Sarah and I are more the power shoppers. Search and destroy. There's too many choices most of the time and I don't have the time or the knees to stand around for long periods of time contemplating choices. I see it, I like it, I buy it. Done! Erin, however, LOVES to analyze, consider, ponder, picture, etc. Choosing just THE right outfit for her kids (or anyone) does not come lightly or easily to Erin. But, she went, knowing she would probably hear a little grief from me. Thanks, Erin, for dealing with that. But, the company was fabulous, as was the lunch at Cafe Rio afterward. My virgin Cafe Rio experience. Good stuff. Busy place.

And, as a side note, with this wind we had today, once the sun went down, it's seriously COLD out there!

Good Saturday, though.

3 comments:

barlows said...

"Especially Erin" ???? Whatever! Let's not encourage her. Khacki is khacki - nothing clashes about that. When she said they clashed because they were different SHADES of khacki I thought MY knees would give out. But, yes, you're right, Cafe Rio did redeem the experience. AND, considering Erin's SUUUUPPPPERRR long shopping skills, I do have to say I appreciate her taste. (Even if she didn't like the pink plaid pants I picked out OR fleece OR micro-fiber OR dresses,etc.)

Leah and Dustin said...

I LOVE cafe Rio! Yummiest salads ever!

Leah and Dustin said...

Sounds like a fun shopping trip! I should probably start thinking about Christmas since I haven't even started shopping,oops!