Sunday, December 2, 2007

I love Christmas!

Can I just say I love December and all the Christmas music and decorations? Well, I think I just did. Howard has busted out the "Christmas Crap" as we so lovingly call it most of the time. It's a HUGE P-R-O-C-E-S-S at out house, because we have so MUCH stuff. It usually takes him 3-4 days to take down/put up all the stuff. But, in the end, it really looks so nice, all thanks to Howard. He's anal about it, he'd tell you so himself, that's no secret, nor a criticism. Consequently, we have a house that always looks fantastic at Christmas time. He's GREAT for doing it. Tonight, he had taken all my Dollstone figurines out of the curio to put other things in. I was wrapping them and putting them away and he was taking care of the shelf in the entry and the music was going and it was just...nice. I missed my kids, though. I'm going to take pictures of the house and send to Michael. Not that it's different from what he'll remember, but I thought maybe he'd like it.

Today at church was our Fast & Testimony meeting. In our ward, for December, people that bear testimony also tell their favorite hymn. Jana Wyson chose Called to Serve. Thanks,Jana. I lost it. That's just mean and cruel for a mom who has a missionary out. I think it should be banned until Michael comes home! I can just imagine him and his district/zone/mission singing that and that's all takes for me to lose it. But, all in all, it was a nice meeting.

Back to work tomorrow. This weekend went by entirely too fast. I could go for a 3 day work week.

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

I think taking and sending pictures to Mike is a great idea~he will love that!