Monday, December 10, 2007

Doncha just love car issues!

So, yesterday AM, on my way out the door JUST in time to make it to church without being late, I hopped in my car and turned it on and got click,click,click,click.... Darn! Dead battery. Came back into the house, got the keys to the other car and drove to church. Being glad all along the way to have an EXTRA car, already thinking ahead to driving to work today. And, I'm SO grateful to be a proud, card carrying member of AAA! Gotta love it. Right now, as I type this, the guy from triple A is in my driveway replacing my battery. Especially so since to change the battery in this car, you have to take the tire off because the battery is hidden way low in the front of the car. By the tire. SO worth the $112.00 it's costing me. Howard will echo the sentiment, I'm sure when he gets home and learns he didn't have to 1) go to the store and buy a new battery and 2) take the tire off and put the new battery in in the coldish weather. So, YAY AAA!

I have SO much to do/wrap/buy/mail/make/take for Christmas. With all I have to do, one would think I'd just be a whirling dirvish getting it all done. But, no. I had a very full weekend, however, watching Howard work like a maniac getting almost all of our "Christmas Crap" put out. The house looks nice. One more reason to not want to cook. I want the kitchen to stay clean! I really do have a decision making problem. When I have too many choices, I get frozen with indecision and don't do any of it, then later, kick myself. Why is that? Any psych majors out there want to give that one a stab?

This is actually a fairly calm week, as far as gotta-be-somewhere-after-work-stuff goes. GRATEFUL am I for that. But, we do get to go watch Caylee, Kenzie and Sydney be adorable and cute dancers at their Christmas dance recital tomorrow night. To get them all in one night's performance is nice. It's always lots of fun to watch them. And watch the little babies dance and remember when that was them!

4 comments:

Julie M. said...

When I have too many decisions to make or things to do, I do something completely umimportant like clean out a cabinet. I don't know what this means either but it's one way to get my house organized----one cabinet at a time.

Erin said...

Here, here, Julie! I am totally with ya on that one. Too many things you NEED to do = deciding to do totally unnecessary things like cleaning out cabinets or organizing a closet or any other number of things. Good luck with all you got to do/make/take/wrap/buy, etc. Mom. I'm really not liking that it's Dec. 10th already. The month is flying way too fast!

Julie M. said...

O.k. Not only do I have cabinet contents sitting on my kitchen floor, but I just tracked down and put on hold a red coat for Chloe in Braintree, Mass. that Limited Too didn't put in Calif stores (because it's never cold is Calif---- NOT---I'm freezing as I write!!)that I'm not even sure I'm going to call back and have sent. I think I've taken avoiding reality to a new level. . . . Hmmm. . . What state can I call next just for fun?!?!?

The RealFatman said...

You gotta Love Elfing AAA