Monday, December 24, 2007

No new news

OK, it's Christmas Eve, 10:23 AM. Turkey is in the oven, jello in the fridge, pumpkin pies I made @ 7:30 this AM cooling, dishes caught up, eggs boiled, veggies cut up. Things are rolling along. And, I checked the UPS site and Mikes Christmas package we sent him via UPS that was attempted to be delivered last Friday was delivered this AM in Roanoke. The website indicates he signed for it, so I'm guessing the boy is having a happy day, today. We still don't know what time he'll call tomorrow, so for Erin, Sarah and Nate...what can I say? We'll know when he calls.

David is out doing his last minute, Christmas Eve-all-in-one-day-shopping ("this is the way I like to do it!"). I think I'm done. I'll have some panic-y moments wondering if I forgot anyone/thing and worry that all things are more or less "equal". I got behind and some gifts that were going to be for Christmas didn't make it, but in the end, 30 years from now, or even next week, it won't matter. What matters is love and being with those we do love and talking to the ones we love and can't be with. Gosh, I love Christmas. I love the Christmas music--- non stop on the radio, cheesy Christmasy-feel good movies on Lifetime Movie Network and Hallmark Channel (Timepiece is on right now!), and all the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Music and the Spoken Word Christmas broadcasts from previous years. I just love it all. And, I love my family, both immediate and extended. I'm privileged to be in it!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Hope your Christmas Eve/Christmas Day was fabulous! We had a great Christmas Eve, as usual, with all the hubbub and excitement and gifts and paper and food and, well, you know the drill.

I had a little of the Montazuma's Revenge (too much info?) on Christmas Day so I didn't venture too far from the house but it was only a 2 hr thing (thank goodness).