Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Politicks!

Yes, I know that's not how you spell politics, but it's more accurate about how it makes me feel. PolitICKS!!

I'm a registered Democrat. Comes from being married to a teacher for 30 years and liking t have food on the table and a roof over our heads. But, I'm not a LIBERAL, I don't think. I feel like I'm a Republicrat. Why can't that be a party??? I like the idea of helping others and unfortunately, that costs money. But, I do get frusrated by the inappropiate spending of the tax dollars. I HATE this Iraq war. I want us out. But, really, will it all go to He--if we get out? Will they come hunt us down and kill us all in our beds? I don't know! I just know that I hate this war. So, I'm leaning toward Democrat candidates. But, then, I read today on MSN an article that tells about some atheist guy who took a case to court, made it to the Supreme Court (lost) and is now appealing to the District Court of Appeals. His beef? Having the words "under God" in the Pledge of Alliegance and "in God we Trust" on our money. The only reason he lost the original case in the Supreme Court is because he didn't have custody and wasn't the primary custodian of the child he was "protecting". So, he's filed another case and is pursuing it.

This makes me nuts. I have always felt more-patriotic-than-average, which might be a bit presumptious, but from small girl age, I've loved America. I used to read lots of stories and novels about the Revolutionary days. And, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints, I have a clear understanding that this land that America is on was consecrated and set aside by God for the freedom of religion that our constitution provides so that the TRUE church could be established and flourish. So, LIBERALS who take things to such extreme, seem to ruin it for others. Of course, "liberal" is a relative term. I mean, it was a pretty liberal idea one time for some people to think that women should be able to vote and blacks should be free.

But I say if you're atheist and believe there is no God, or agnostic and aren't sure or just don't lke the God you think "in God we trust" or "under God" represents, I have a solution for your problem. DON'T SAY THE WORDS AND DON'T SPEND THE MONEY. I'm pretty sure there is some island somewhere you could go live on and you woudn't have to be bothered by living in the OPPRESSIVE US of A. I mean, really, how hard your life must be to be so injured by having to hear some words you don't like and read words you disagree with. I've said those words for years and earned and spent the money all my life and just never realized how hard my life has been all this time. Maybe I should sue someone!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Now that's my kind of rant! The problem with any political people is that PEOPLE run them! I don't care what ideas you have, power corrupts. That's why none of this will really be resolved until the second coming! 90% of America is logical. They may be Democrat or Republican, but at the heart of the issue, they want the same things. This is a perfect example. The Dems love this stuff, and accuse the right of being "Christian Extremeists." Fact is, sometimes they are!!! Both parties use extreme things to keep people fighting so we don't notice they really aren't doing anything important! Not to knock the Dem candidates, but my Militant Right Wing mother-in-law says Hillary is an athiest, and she doesn't know how Harry Reid has a temple reccomend because of his leftist beliefs. What was I saying about extremeists?:)

Tyler said...

Was that long enough for ya? Geeez, I should have just sent an email!

The RealFatman said...

Wow this is one dangerous elfing post. Well coming from a person that has lost the faith that he once had and who does not have the rights that everyone else in this US of A has I think this is a dumb thing to even really get heated up about.
First off there are plenty of people here that do not call God God and you said so yourself that this is a melting pot of religions. SO should it say in "God, Budda, Alla and ourselves we trust". No it should say "home of the free and the brave" It should have a statement that centers around all of America and who we are. How about "oh yeah we will screw up alot but if you attack us our wrath will be swift and we will totally Catch your neighbor and hang him". Or how about "We The People of the United States of America in order to form a more perfect union will continue to change and adapt just like we have since our beginning and in doing so will continue to love and live with diversity and change"
Or how about since our founding father did not have the melting pot of religion and they are the ones that nicely acquired (pillaged and killed) this land that we ahould respect that they had faith and they used God as the name of their savior and we leave it the way it is and understand that it may not be my belief but it was the belief of the men that founded this country.

Or here is the best one!
This is the one I would put on currency.
"We will own you elfing face"