Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...Snowmen!!

Several years ago, Howard received a wooden snowman for a Christmas gift. After that, he thought they would make good Christmas gifts. So,the snowman making saga began. He has made them and given them as gifts to family and friends and teachers he knows. Last year, he made one for all the teachers athis school. Well, this year, he's at a new school and decided to make one for the entire staff. 80 of them!!! Yes, you read that right, 80. But, as often happens, things sneak up and it's always a marathon snowman making foot/fluff fest at our house the week before school is out. This year is no exception. Last night, he went to bed around, maybe 11:00 and was up at 3:00. Exhaustion sets in eventually and tonight he hit the wall. So, this post is for you, Howard. I'm sure the recepients will NEVER know what you put into their gift.

This is Howard @ 6:30 this morning...being up since 3:00...working on the snowmen before going to work.Here the snowmen are lined up in the hallway...
And in the kitchen...



And in the family room...

And in the family room, again!







4 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa D. said...

WE have one of those snomen (thanks to my little brother) and I love him. He has a very special place, on our wall, every Christmas. Love you guys.
Have a Merry Christmas. Clo

Molly said...

I love it, and I hate to break it to Howard, but he's going to have to make one more....for ME!!! :)

Jerolyn said...

He's a crazy man that's what CRAZY!!
CRAZY!!
CRAZY!!
and thoughtful too!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

WOW!!!! Craziness! I got my staff candy apples (which I DID NOT make myself). They seemed happy with them (at least to my face).

I admire your commitment (and think you should be committed! lol)