Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

It's 9:30 in the AM on Memorial Day, 2007. I've been awake since about 6:15, but dozed a little til about 7:30. Read my scriptures which I'm trying to be much better at, made a list (don't you love that, Sarah) of the things I want/need/could do today and the next 2 days. (I had saved 2 personal leave days to use in case we needed to take Michael to the MTC, but that isn't happening before June 30 which is the date by which I need to use them or lose them, so I am off work on Tuesday and Wednesday). I have some sewing I really need to get to, some grocery shopping (isn't there always?), some cooking (ditto), a new outfit to buy for a wedding I'm going to this weekend---Yay, Terry & Matt!---just.....life, I guess. Mundane, not too exciting life. I'm not complaining. I've had enough drama in my life at times to have learned to appreciate the slow, not so exciting days. Sometimes when I read my girls' blogs and read about all their doings, I get tired. But, I know at one time, I was there in that same boat, rowing away. That's what Mom's do.

Barlows and Garrard families are in Utah this weekend. It's weird how I miss my kids just knowing they are away. Erin & Kevin had us over for lunch yesterday after church which was 1) delicious & 2) much appreciated. My kids are good cooks! They are always making things I love.

And, finally, we're still waiting...patiently?...for the mysterious medical paperwork to appear so Michael can get on with the mission call. He wondered yesterday if it wasn't something he could just download from online. I don't know. I would think if that was the case then that would have been told him last week and he could have found out by now what else he needs. There is a reason, there is a reason, there is a reason...

3 comments:

Molly said...

Yeah, I feel like my life is pretty mundane right now, especially since I don't have family to bug or friends to visit. I'm excited for my class to start so I can have a more productive routine. You must blog about Michael's call AS SOON AS it comes, so I know!! :) Or call me. Love ya!

The RealFatman said...

It is weird when you have a day like that because I am always like man I should do more. But then you have days when you barely have enough time to crash out when you are done and you wish the day was more mundane. Take a break the next few days and just chill we all deserve it

Jana said...

You don't have to tell me about mysterious medical papers.