Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time Tells Everything...Eventually

I loved Jerolyn's post today. See, that's why I'm not a good blogger. In a MILLION years, I would NEVER have been able to come up with an orginal, creative post like that.

But, it gets you to thinking, doesn't it, for those of you who've read her post. The question she posted was, "if you could ask God ANY question (crazy or not) what would you ask Him"?

There are so many things we just don't get to know, at least right away. It seems that there are some things that take days or weeks or months or even years to know the answers to. It might even be in the next phase of life (you know, the after this life phase) before we know the answers. I'm pretty sure there's a really good reason for that. It's in our searching for answers that we learn so much and become so much more than if the "answers" were so readily available, it seems to me.

People all around me are experiencing pretty huge things right now. It makes my heart hurt for them. Real hard. And, when the huge, hard things are happening to people I love and not me, I have to consider the why. Not in the why-is-this-happening-to-them-they-are-so-good-they-don't-deserve-it sort of way. But in the why-not-me-too-I'm-so-blessed-what-am-I-doing-with-that sort of way. Do I succor enough? Do I pray enough? Do I love enough? If I were suddenly gone tomorrow, would they know how much I loved them? So, to all of you going through big stuff and even BIGGER STUFF, I love you.

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

Do I succor enough? YES
Do I pray enough? I'm guessing YES
Do I love enough? definately YES
If I were suddenly gone tomorrow, would they know how much I loved them? Absolutely YES
we love you TOO!