Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How Did I Miss It?

HOW did I NOT know BIG BROTHER had already started a new season? I left home this AM @ 6:10 to go to work. I got home tonight @ 8:30 after leaving work @ 2:45 for a 3:00 dr. appointment I didn't get in for until 4:10 and then went straight to a R.S. Pres. meeting and was there until 7:00 and then went to vist a lady in our ward. Walked in and Howard was watching BB and told me it started LAST WEEK! Darn writers strike. I've really not been watching too much TV, so I guess I missed it. But, I'll have to do a warp speed catch up!

Marsha, sorry I didn't call you today. I WILL tomorrow. Promise.

Yesterday was a sucky day at work. Today was better. That's what I love about new days. Go to bed one night and you can put a bad day behind you. Wake up and it's all posibilities.

I checked the weather today for Beckley, West Virginia where Michael is. It was 5:30 PM in Beckley when I checked. It had been snowing earlier in the day, but it was 20 degrees with an 11mph wind blowing so it felt like 9 degrees. I hope he's staying warm. And eating well. Well, well enough. And isnt' sick. He says he only gets fed by members about 1 day a week and since he NEVER learned to cook anything before he left other than Ramen noodles and Mac & Cheese, I'd be VERY curious what he eats these days when he and his comp have to cook for themselves.

I read all that Sarah did today and I was a little jealous. Jealous that those days are behind me. I was the most productive when I was her age with a house full of kids. I remember how bone aching those days could make you, but how GOOD it felt to fall, exhausted into bed and be asleep almost before your head hit the pillow, but so GLAD to have accomplished so much.

I'm super stoked about the NEW family search program that the LDS church has developed and will be bringing online in a week or so. You'll be able to clear names AT HOME, print out a card with a bar code on it, AT HOME, take it to the temple, do the Temple work, and practically by the time you get home, check online and it's supposed to be recorded and updated. I hear the new program will prevent the duplications that are being done now, as different people, unbeknownst to each other are working on the same family lines. I have SO much Temple work to get done. I need all the help I can get accomplishing it. Some of these people have been waiting a long time and I have to get on the stick and take care of business. I really don't want to have to face them and have them ask me why I didn't get it all done!

David sprained his ankle yesterday and he says it KILLS. I hope he didn't break it. Sucks to not have health insurance. The new job will provide it in about 2 more months. Not that that helps right now.

Well, it's off to bed and a NEW day, full of possibilities tomorrow. And, hopefully, an email from Mike since we didn't get one today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beth
I just wanted to thank you for all the years of friendship with my mom and family. I have lots of fond memories of my younger years that involve the Howard and Beth Garrard family. Thank you for always being there for our family. You helped mold the kind of kids the Nelson's would be.

PS
I remember Sara kissing Josh Mallory.