Friday, February 8, 2008

Acceleration--To Increase The Speed or Velocity Of

You know that on-ramp you use to get ON a freeway with? The ACCELERATION lane? Yep, that's what it's called in highway terms. NOT the CREEP-ALONG-AT-35MPH-LANE-SO-THE-PERSON-BEHIND-ME-GETS-CREAMED-WHEN-THEY-GET-ON-THE-FREEWAY Lane. EVERY time I use the 95 southbound to get onto the 215 westbound when there's more than 4 cars on the road, this happens. I know the acceleration lane curves gently. I know it's on an incline. But, seriously, if your car won't go faster than 35 going up the hill, maybe you don't belong on the freeway in the first place.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Happy Friday! Let the weekend begin!

5 comments:

lbozyone said...

Hope you have a GREAT weekend

Beth said...

Hey, Linda. Do you have a Blogger account? How can I see your blog?

Tyler said...

Driving in this town will drive you crazy. I think that's why so many drive drunk!!!

Julina said...

You know... this bugs me more than I can even begin to explain, but I used to be that one person. I had the KING of all crappy cars. But I was in high school, I took what I got. His name was Gandolf. He was gray. I would floor him and he would go very slow... Granted, there are times where its definitely not the car, and it's the person. That's when I think there is no excuse for such driving, and they really don't belong on the road.

lbozyone said...

not yet