Monday, February 18, 2008

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Starts With The First Step...Right?

Well, today it FINALLY happened. What great, long awaited event, you ask? The opening of the Anytime Fitness a mile from my house. The one I have to go past to get home from work. The one I'm counting on having NO EXCUSE to not use.

So, today, I checked the email and there was an email from Margo telling me they were finally open. They originally were planning on early Jan. So, I called, made an appointment, went and got my key pass to let myself in when staff isn't there and made an appointment to go back this afternoon and meet with Marco, the trainer. So, I went this afternoon for my first trained workout. Lets just say what used to be muscles in my upper arms and shoulders got swapped for marshmallow. I'm not sure when that happened, but the evidence was there, today. Anyway, I worked out and came home and am working on psyching myself out for the eating change I need to make. He wants me to avoid ALL refined and processed foods, anything with partially hydrogenated oil and sugar and high fructose corn syrup, which is in EVERYTHING. Dr. Oz would be so happy. He's a proponant of Gillian's (of Biggest Loser fame) method of workout and eating. Oh, and drinks lots of W-A-T-E-R. Hmm. I've heard that before. Too bad they didn't open 2 months ago so when I go to Mexico in 3 weeks you can tell I've been going, but whatever. Better late than never.

Wish me luck. You know I need it!

6 comments:

Marsha said...

I'm so very proud of you Beth Ann. I know you can do anything you set you're mind to! I need my bestest friend around for many years to come. I know you can do this!!! Good luck..I'll help by being your chocolate police, now that I hate it. Wooo Wooo Wooo!

Jerolyn said...

Hey way to go and best of luck! I have gone 38 miles on my Nordic Track and working out stinks but I feel better after I do it!! whooo hooo.

Megan said...

Good luck Beth!! The first step is always the hardest. Now comes the easy part!!! ;-) You can do it.

Erin said...

RA! RA! SIS-BOOM-BA! We're cheering you on, even through the pain. No eating after 6:30pm or so is a really good rule too. I mean, when you're still up at midnight it totally sucks. But it does make a huge difference! This was on Oprah...and she says "not even 1 grape!" I'm proud of you, keep it up!

Kathy said...

There's an Anytime Fitness opening soon close to us so I'll be interested to see how you like it. I usually do pretty well when the weather's good, but winter has done some really bad stuff to my body. WAY TO GO!! for taking that first step.

Molly said...

You go girl!