Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Red Beans & Rice

It's 5:30 AM and I should be getting dressed for work, and will be in just a minute, but I got up 20 minutes early this morning to put on a pot of Red Beans. I'm teaching a class at our monthly cooking Enrichment meeting on Real Cajun Red Beans & Rice. This year, we're having members of the group demonstrate making a "Family Heritage" dish each month. Yesterday I went to the store and bought double the amount I need for the stuff because I'm having one done ahead (hello cooking channel) and one to work on there, because it takes too long to make the whole thing in one sitting for the class tonight. Another lady is also teaching how to make Hush Puppies and also some Mustard Greens. Yummy! Anyway, last night I chopped veggies till I was stinky with them (onions, parsley, bell pepper, onion, garlic) and sliced sausage and bagged them all up so I can throw it all together this morning in my crock pot as I head off to work.

I really LOVE my calling in the R.S. in our ward as Enrichment Counsellor. It's great to get to know all the women and have time to visit with them at activities.

Gotta run. Work awaits. Wish I was staying home today. Every day.

6 comments:

Jerolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsha said...

Red Beans & Rice yum, I want some! I know you're shocked Beth Ann! Wanna another shocker?? Check out my new blog and vote! Love ya!

Jerolyn said...

What the heck are mustard greens...sounds..ummmmm yummy???

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Hi Beth!
Cute blanket you made my mom. We named it Pinky Jr. after my pink childhood blanket that I still have (and love!). Um, when are you coming to Burley to make red beans and rice for Mom and me?! ;-)

Leah and Dustin said...

I have the best idea! That sounds so yummy and delicious that i think you should make it again and have us over to dinner! How fun would that be?!? Oh and scones, too! Yummmm