Sunday, November 11, 2007

There's no place like home

Not that I'm not having a great time in Louisville. I am. I have enjoyed the days of just being. Not having to be anywhere or doing anything. It's a relaxing thing. But, home is home for a reason and I'll be glad when I'm back tomorrow night.

I've been here since late Wed. night. My brother Gary worked on Thursday but didn't work Friday and doesn't have to go to work tomorrow, because he's going to Chicago for business. So, it's been great to spend time with him. The man is a cooking fool. It's a great joy (!) in his life, so he's always trying new recipes and has a pretty good collection of them. He'll spend 3 hours in the kitchen working on a dish. All day working on a meal. Seriously! I'm on warp speed in the kitchen and am all over the dishes I can make in 20 minutes or less. BIG difference in us. But, I'm bringing home a recipe for a soup that is amazing in how good it was. I'll be making it soon. It's thick and creamy and chicken-y. Most of you will get a chance to try it out.

And my sister-in-law Pam is MUCH better than the last time I saw her. She has many hours of lucidity and we've had some nice conversations. It's so good. She still spends lots of time sleeping, though, thanks to meds.

My nephew came to Louisville night before last. Life in Atlanta finally got to the point that he's not able to continue living there, so he's relocating here. He has to make a quick trip back on Tuesday, but is supposed to be back on Thursday.

I went to the temple on Saturday. It's BEATUIFUL. So strange. It's right next to the church. It's the small style and that was interesting, but it has all the "amenities" of any temple, so it's all good. Church today was a nice change of clean-air pace. Living with a chain smoker has not been without it challenge for me this week. It will be good to get into my clean air environment.

I've enjoyed myself. I'll be home tomorrow night and will be back to my normal life then. Later....

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds like a fun trip. There is a small temple in Medford, Oregon where Christina is from, and it is different, but nice!

Stac said...

ok, you broke the 24 hour rule. You needed to post within 24 hours of getting home in order to stay in the blogging club. get crackin and maybe we will give you a second chance.