Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I don't have much to say today, but I do want to keep a fairly regular posting going. Just so those of you who sit on the edge of your seat waiting to see which words of wisdom I'll spew forth won't be disappointed! NOT!!!

I saw Oprah yesterday (between making soup for dinner). Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks are in a new movie coming out in a little while. I love them both and hope the movie isn't rated R. They are both just so stinkin' cute and funny and NICE, I get the feeling.

Speaking of soup, I made the soup my brother made for me. So, the story of this soup is 1) it's really good and 2) it is made with beer. Yes, beer. I had to go to the store and buy a beer. I haven't done that in 32 years and I felt WEIRD. Not guilt, but WEIRD. It's delicious, I think. The soup, not the beer! Creamy, cheesy, chicken-y, bacon-y and BEER-y. Not that you can taste the beer, and really, having made it once, I could probably leave it out and no one will notice. But, I had to make it according to the recipe the first time. My co-workers were giving me a seriously bad time at work when I told them I had to go buy a can of beer for this soup. I only needed 8 oz. and I only could find a 32 oz can, so I poured out 24 oz. That might be sacrilige to some people, but I felt totally good about that! And, I hope it wasn't wrong in any way, but the reason I was making the big pot of soup was because I had company for dinner...the missionaries! I didn't tell them they were eating soup made with beer. You know the alcohol was all cooked out, but I didn't want to traumatize them. And, I have to say, the dinner rolls I made for dinner turned out as well as any rolls I've ever made. Toot, toot!

Tonight, I'm headed to the store to buy stuff for last minute food baskets for our ward and a R.S. Pres. meeting where we'll be putting on the fnishing touches or our Progressive Dinner were having on Dec. 5.

I would be totally amiss if I didn't say a HUGE THANK YOU to Heavenly Father for blessing Garrett as much as He has so far. I LOVE getting Jessica's myspace updates every day (thanks so much, Jerolyn!) and it's just amazing to me how well he's doing. I hope I could be that positive if anything on that scale ever happened to me.

And, since I'm watching Oprah, I'm going to have to totally buy the Josh Groban Christmas CD. I guess he has one, he's singing Silent Night and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and is TOTALLY putting me in the Christmas spirit. I LOVE CHRISTMAS music. I'll be seriously bummed if there's not a CD this music would be on. Wait, YES THERE IS. It's called NOEL. Cool! I just hope all the lyrics are sung in English!

Erin is gone. I miss her. I miss her posts and just knowing I CAN'T talk to her if I want to. And, because she's gone, I do. And, Sarah is going to be gone this weekend, too. Bummer for me, Thanksgiving wise, but I know my girls and their familes are going to be having FABULOUS Thanksgivings this year and that's a good thing.

Gotta run. Good Luck to me (nod to Kenzie, there).

No comments: