Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday night

It's Friday night. Normally by now I would have been home from work for 3 hours and vegging in front of the TV. But...today after work, Howard and I met some old friends from our old ward, the Ledfords for dinner and some coworkers joined us. A co-worker, Jackie, and I were talking one day and turns out that she knows Jan Ledford. So, one thing led to another and we all got together for cheap ribs @ the Ellis Island cafe on Koval. The price was right and the company was good.

Stacy called and is taking Sarah and Tyler to a craft show. Howard has $20 in his pocket. I said, "buy something cute. You can never have enough cute". He said, "uhm, we'll see." I said, "we should have rule...any time we buy a new cute, we have to get rid of an old cute". He said, "I think we've had this conversation before. It didn't work then, either". Kind of funny. I really think I could get rid of some of the older "cute" stuff, but maybe not. We do love some of our old cute stuff, especially Christmas cute stuff. Especially the CUTE snowman stuff. Our kids have called "dibs" on some of our stuff, but I keep telling them by the time we die, our stuff won't be cute to them anymore, they'll just think it's old crap that Mom and Dad had forever.

Tomorrow we're (our Bermuda ward R.S. Presidency) is doing a birthday celebration for sisters in our ward that have birthdays this quarter. I'm making a chocolate bundt cake for it. I think 10-15 sisters will be there and hopefully it will be a fun time.

I am really glad that we got the positive, hopeful email from Jessika today, about Garrett. What a scary thing to have happened to him. I got some other bad news from a good friend last night that pretty much rang my bell and shook my world. I guess we need wake up calls once in a while to help us remember how grateful we are for our GOOD lives. BLESSED lives. Too bad we do. Wouldn't it be nice if we would always be so grateful as we are when something shakes us up. I try to work on that, I really do, but I fail sometimes.

We got a couple of really not-so-cute pieces of furniture for our house. Baby gates. Not for babies. For dogs. To keep them off the living room carpet. So they don't stain it. Because they can't seem to learn that's not what it's for. Got the carpets cleaned and put up the gates. We'll see how that works. It's a bother, but until we get stain resistant flooring, I guess this is our next best option.

I really don't have any fun stories or exciting news. My girls and Jerolyn can post like mad-women and I really don't have that gift. But, this is what I've got tonight.

Love you, FAB.

No comments: