Thursday, November 15, 2007

Garrett

Sarah has already posted about Garrett, and all of you know about it anyway, but I just feel I need to write SOMETHING to reflect a bit of what I'm feeling. It's hard to know where to begin. It's hard to know of something so serious happening to someone you love. I absolutely know that Heavenly Father will comfort Garrett, Jodie, Jessika, Colby, Devin and Mitch. I'm very happy to get to participate in a family fast for Garrett this Sunday. I'm praying for Jodie and her entire family to feel peace and get sme needed rest. I believe in the power of prayer and in miracles.

I love our family and how we all gather round and are supportive of each other at times like this. My co-worker heard me call Sarah and Erin and tell them what Howard had called to tell me and he made some comment and asked me if I was calling the "enforcements" or something like that. I said, "Shut up (with a smile). This is our family. This is what we do". He said, "Oh, I'm not critical. I think it's nice". And, I thought, this IS our family. We might go weeks or even months without speaking to any one person, but when serious things happen, we are supportive and caring. WE LOVE EACH OTHER. That brings me a lot of comfort.

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

Amen Aunt Beth, Amen! We are blessed to have one another. I LOVE YOU Aunt Beth Very much. Very very much!