Monday, October 1, 2007

One & a Half Days to Wednesday (P-Day!)

Stacy catching up on some Quality reading!
Friends, cousins, cousins, friends

This is the World Famous Caramel Apple Pie, pre cooked. Amazing!


How can you not love this face?????

Mutt & Jeff????

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful girrrrrl (Think Mr. Holland's Opus)

I can't wait for Wednesdays! It's Mike's Pday and we look forward to his emails on that day and just hope something doesn't get in the way of him being able to send one.

I know I've already told you this, but I've been watching "THE WAR" on PBS. I think I can say it's the best thing I've ever watched on TV. It's a 7 part series on WWII. Ken Burns must go down in the history hall of fame! What an amazing job he did. I'd love the DVD collection, but won't cough up the $128 that PBS wants to charge for it. I'll wait a while and see if I can score it on EBay. It's just amazing. I'm saddened at all the civilians that were killed, sometimes tens of thousands at a time. And the soldiers on all sides. And for what??? To defend freedom and liberty from a madman who thought he had all power. It makes me think of my Uncle Dick who fought in the Battle of the Bulge. And Bro. Whittaker, a man in our ward who was taken prisoner of war by the Germans. I can't thank them enough for what they and millions others like them did.

Someone asked me if I even KNEW how to download photos since I hardly ever do. So, I'm going to attempt to download yet a few more photos of the camp out. And, Stacy, I don't care that I came home early. I WAS the first one to post!!! I didn't HAVE to you know! BTW, did you guys get a new tent??? Here goes with the photos:
OK, I'm obviously stupid. I can't get the photos to go below the script. So, go back to the photos at the top!






5 comments:

Stac said...

The first picture is the best. That was some quality reading. Teaches a lot of useful things. Ok, so you win for posting the the fastest and no we have not returned the tent yet. maybe tomorrow since Nate has the day off.

Tyler said...

Great pictures! I am still working on mine!!!

Julina said...

I can so relate to the wednesday anticipation. I feel the same way. Also, I normally get letters (well the last two) on friday or saturday, but I didn't get one last week, so I'm really hoping it'll be here today. But after looking at all of your blogs, it looks like the camp out was tons of fun. I'm jealous.

Jerolyn said...

Ohhh the caramel apple pie
mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Beth said...

Juina, are you saying you get an email AND a letter??? So...I see how it is. Just kidding! Good for you, if you do!