Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm here

I give Erin a bad time about not posting and I realize it's been 5 days since I did. As Jerolyn said, I've got 'nuffin! Hence the no posting.

It's General Conference weekend. I know there are some of you just a celebratin' away that you get a little Mormon holiday from the regular Sunday routine. With small children, that's certainly understandable. I'm just really glad to have the BYU channel and get to sit, in my comfy clothes, and watch and listen to the entire thing. And not have to go to some church to hear 1 session, if you're lucky, like some do. I had forgotten about the vacancy in the 1st Presidency and am pleased (not that it matters if I am or not) with Elder Eyring being the replacement to Pres. Faust.

Conference makes me remember my conversion and the 32 years since. NEVER in my life could I imagine where my life would take me. Idaho???? Las Vegas?!?! For a little backward, country girl from Louisiana, that was pretty unimaginable. And NEVER could I have imagined being in such a great family, loving all these great people I do. SOOOOO glad to be here! So glad to know what I know. SO want to be for others what some were for me.

I had a stupid, scary, crazy, unsettling dream about Michael Saturday morning. I can't believe how much I miss that kid.

7 comments:

Julina said...

You know, I find myself having somewhat unsettling dreams about him too. Wasn't conference AWESOME this year? sigh, I love it.

Beth said...

Yes, me too. Call me and I'll tell you mine and you can tell me yours!

Jerolyn said...

and your family (that's me!) loves you right back Sooooooo much!

Stac said...

Whats the email you use to log into blogger with? I need the full email to add you.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

"Life is a cabaret old chum...come to the cabaret!" GOOOOOO LIZA! Ya just never know what life has in store - and that's probably a good thing.

Love y'all (and it's a darn good thing none of us are perfect or we wouldn't have anything to talk about!)! LOLOLOL

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

BTW - glad you enjoyed the "poo poo platter" pic! :-)

Beth said...

lvgarrard.blogspot.com