Friday, March 7, 2008

Timing...sometimes stinks

Tyler and Kevin (my super sons-in-law) are taking all their kids except Brooklyn camping tonight. That leaves the Moms (my beautiful daughters) "free" to do whatever they want. Sarah called me today and asked if I wanted to do a movie Marathon tonight, beginning with The Other Bolyen Girl". I really want to see it and wanted to see it with Sarah, since we both read the book. And, that was the plan. Along with some sort of dinner, a REAL girls' night out. THEN, I got a call from friend Shawnna..."I got free Barry Manilow tickets for tonight's show...wanna come"? Oooooohhhhh....SO torn! I love Barry, I really do. And, his music. But, a night out with my girls (or girl as the case might have been) is pretty much equal in the enjoyment quotient as far as I'm concerned. But, Sarah encouraged me to go see Barry. So, I am. And, I hope the chance comes again to do a movie and dinner with her and Erin! But, really, of all nights? C'mon!

And, thus begins my weekend. I've got an entire day of chores lined up tomorrow, because I AM going on a trip next week and haven't done a thing to get ready for it. My former Supervisor's mother passed away yesterday and I learned that her funeral is Sunday afternoon, and I'll probably go to that.

Monday is my last day at work at my wonderful office, before I relocate to my new old digs.

Let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

Jerolyn said...

so how was the concert??