Friday, March 7, 2008

Music & Passion

Barry Manilow was wonderful. I think you don't realize how many really good Manilow songs there are that you would sing along to until you go to his show. I knew EVERY one of them, even the old songs he's remade from the 50s, 60s & 7os. It was so cool that Shawnna would invite me, and though I thought about Sarah, Erin and Howard having a good time without me, I was having a good time without them, too, so I guess it's all good. Shawnna is such a fun person and I'm really glad to know her (even if I didn't get free Manilow tickets). We had good seats, pretty much center, but in the back. Really, not a bad seat is in the showroom. I'll be Copacabana-ing in my sleep all night, tonight!

5 comments:

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

Lucky you! Barry does have a lot of songs that we know, huh. Sounds like you had a fun evening! Always good to have one of those once in awhile!

Kathy said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I love Barry.
I saw him in 1973 when he was Bette Midlers piano player. He sang during the breaks and had just released his first album.

Leah and Dustin said...

Though, I, personally am not a "FAN-ilow" it's always fun to go to a concert! I have some great memories of being a little one and dancing around the living room to Copa Cabana! AHHH those were the days...ha ha

Marsha said...

I so cannot believe we are such good friends. Eeewwwwwwwwwwww Barry Manilow?

Jana said...

I got to see Barry also he is amazing. I have tickets to see the Osmonds when they come in Sept. I also got a pass to go backstage to a meet and greet. Donny was my all growing up but now I just think he sings well. I love the Osmond music. When they perfromed in Vegas they always came to our ward.