Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Better Attitude

OK, I'm feeling much better about things regarding my job. Nothing really has changed, except my attitude. I've decided that it is what it is and I can make the best of it. I think what bugged me most about it was the feeling that I think less than noble motives were behind it, but whatever the reason, I'm going to go and Analyze the heck out of that area and make everyone wish they could have my location! I'm already looking at it and am psyching myself up for the move. I've pretty much emptied my desk out into the trunk of my car (amazing what you can accumulate in a year's time), so mentally, I'm there.

Sarah is sick. She has a Super Sinus Infection. It stinks.

I got to talk to Marsha today. Her last chemo treatment really kicked her butt and she's only just today felt like talking on the phone. We had a good "therapy session" as she said. But, because of that, and the fact that I have to go Visit Teaching, I didn't get to the gym today. I really should have gone, because I didn't make it last night, either. I'll be there for sure tomorrow because I have an appointment with Marcos. That means I'll have to go Friday and Saturday, fo sho, to get in my 4 days this week.

We're going to Mexico on Tuesday. I need to get some shopping done and start packing this weekend. Maybe I could just leave something there, so I don't have to pack every time we go! Hmm...that's an idea! Mexico wardrobe to stay in Mexico. Talk about travelling light...the trip back could be real light.

I'm really interested to see what the Democratic party is going to do and who they end up nominating for the Presidential candidate this summer. This campaign is one for the record books, for sure. I read somewhere (Time Magazine, I think) that if Obama gets the nomination, and is elected President, he should choose her to be his Secretary of State. I actually thought that would be a good idea. But, if this campaign has shown us anything, it's that you never know what's going to happen. 6 months ago, I would never have expected John McCain to be where he is now.

TTFN.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Honey,they are lucky to have you. And you're going to be missed! Mexico couldn't have come at a better time. Therapy was good, thanks for the call.

Erin said...

Who are you talking about should be Secretary of State? Did I miss something?

Beth said...

Oh, that would be Hillary. I realized I forgot to mention her by name, but she WAS in my head. And, Erin, where is a new post?????