Monday, January 21, 2008

Smash-o-gram

Today, on my day off work, I got to do two of my most favorite things. I got to 1) have a mammogram and 2) grocery shop! Woohoo! Am I lucky or what!?

Seriously, I am glad that mammography is available to me. I'm pretty diligent about getting them on a regular basis. And those of you who know me, which is pretty much most of you, will find this hard to believe, but the technician drove me CRAZY with her incessant chatter! I know, I know, pot calling the kettle and all that. But, seriously, when a woman is having her breast pulled off her chest wall, that's REALLY not the time to ask "what did you do for Christmas?"! She barely gets the question out of her mouth and I'm trying to be CIVIL and answer in decent tone, when she cuts me off in her sing-songy-I've-said-this-a-million-times-voice "take a deep breath and HOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD". Followed by "Breathe" just as I am about to pass out. And, I got to do that FOUR times. But, luckily, she saw nothing abnormal and didn't have to do a follow up "just to make sure" as sometimes happens.

I have a cold. At least I hope that' all it is but I think it's more like a sinus infection and it's headed south (into my chest and lungs). I'm thinking I'd better get into my doctor so I don't get really sick and have to miss Scrapfest this weekend. It seems like I go through this every year. I usually get a cough that just lasts forever. Last time I wondered if I had TB, I coughed so much! I had a horrible night's sleep night before last and so last night, knowing I didn't have to get up early today, took TWO Simply Sleep OTC sleep aids that usually work like a charm. I don't know if it's the decongestant I'm also taking, but really, no luck in the sleep department last night, either. I woke up @ 3:15 feeling like I had slept 8 hours when it ad only been 5. From then until 7:00 it was a constant wake up/doze. So, here it is at 7:30 and I am ready for bed. But, if I go to bed now, I'll be awake again @ 2:00. I'm not taking the decongestant today and will try again tonight to see if I can get a decent night's sleep. But, I can't breathe, either. I'm pretty sure my nose is about to fall off from all the blowing I've done.

Oh, if any of you wrote down Mike's new address, we got a correction email today. The zip code is different. It's really 25801. I hope he gets the letter I sent him on Thursday. I'm thinking wrong Zip Code or not, there's only 1 Beckley, West Virginia.

Finally, I want to send a shout out to my friend Marsha. She had her first round of chemo-therapy last week. One down 5 more to go! She gets them every 3 weeks. I wish I was there. Not sure what I would do, but I wish I was there. I love you, Marsha.