Sunday, January 13, 2008

If I'm so busy why don't I have more to post about?!

Here I am on Sunday morning (thank you 11:00 church!) checking my family's blogs. Realizing it's been 8 days since I posted. I've been busily engaged everyday this week, but nothing big stands out. But here are a few random thoughts.

Today is an exciting day. It's the day Stacy goes to the hospital to be induced to have their baby boy, Gus. I'm stoked. I love getting new babies in the family. He's a lucky boy to be coming to a mom, dad and sister who love him so much, already, and so many other people who love him, too. And, Stacy's shower yesterday was really fun.

I've thought about my kids a lot this week. I love them all. They make me "well pleased". (We talked about the word "proud" in Sunday School last week and learned that scripturally speaking, "proud" is NEVER a good thing). But, you know what I mean. EVERY one of my kids makes me so "well pleased" to be their mother that sometimes I have so much joy from them that I wish I had 50 kids, just for the 10x joy I would have. I really think that's what God feels like. But, the real part of me is good with the 5! They all have such strengths and talents and compassion. And, they all love each other. That, to me, really is the BEST! And, I'm toally bawling as I write this.

I learned how to bind a quilt this week. I've made quilts and blankets for nearly 3o years, but I finally learned how to make a for-real binding. It was really easy and I'm sorry I didn't learn earlier.

I finished reading the Ensign that came last week. Every article. Some of them twice.

I've thought about resolutions. Most are really personal, so I'm not posting them. But, I sure do hope to be a better person at the end of 2008 than I started out.

Michael's mission has transfers this week and I'm really curious to find out if he gets transferrred to a new area or not. I'm thinking not. But, we'll see. It's time to send him a package, but I'm waiting to see what happens.

My aunt who generally won' speak to me called two days after Christmas. She's still mad at me, I could tell, but I would bet you she couldn't really tell you why she's mad at me. She just got mad at me two years ago and now all she knows is... she's mad. I think she doesn't know why. But, I can't let that define my feelings about her. She's ,without a doubt, one of the most difficult persons I've ever known. But, she's a child of God and he loves her. NOT what she does (like all of us) but HER. So, I try to love HER (not what she does). And, I think I do. I REALLY hope when she dies she'll find the peace and love that has escaped her all her mortal life. Family ties are so good/bad. Genetics define us in so many ways. Sometimes, as much as we don't want to have certain traits, we're stuck with them, thanks to genetics. Or at least the tendencies to have them. Predispositions and all that. Makes life a real bummer sometimes! What's that I've read about trials, tests, proving ground, weaknesses, etc? But, there are good things to that whole thing too. Focus on the positive and build on those, I say! Work on the others at the same time.

I went to a movie yesterday with Terry. Bucket List. Good movie. Sad in parts. Makes you think. It's all about "what do I want to do before I die?". Of course, it helps that money was no object in the movie. But, it makes you think. What would YOU do if you knew you only had 6 months to a year to live? Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Its worth seeing if all they did was read the phone book.

The Packers won, yesterday. Yay, for Mike.

That's it for now.

No comments: