Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fun Night

For Christmas, I gave Howard two tickets to see Blue Man Group and two tickets to see Mystere. Last Friday, he took David to see BMG. Said it was ok. Tonight we went to see Mystere @ Treasure Island. Amazing show! I really loved the trapeze acts, but there was lots I liked. I recommend it. The comedy act mixed into the show was very amusing and clever and cute, as well.

We got there @ 8:45 and there was a big line already. We got in line to pick up our tickets and then walked back to get in the end of the HUGE line, now, and waited about 25 minutes for the doors to open. There had to be several hundred, if not a couple of thousand people passing by us, going and coming in both directions. I said to Howard, "it just amazes me how many people there are in the world and not ONE of them looks exactly alike". And then I thought, "and God knows everyone of us"! I'm really glad I know that one truth. I can't imagine feeling like that's not the case like I know some people do. How in the world do they cope if they don't believe in a loving God who knows them and cares about them?

I chose not to caucus today. Partly becuse I'm still not zeroed in on one candidate, but like I told Howard today, I think I'm a little bugged by the whole not-secret-ballot thing. Not that I'd be ashamed for people to know, but I want to be the one to tell people if I choose, not have the world able to know. It rubs me wrong. I'm sorry for those people who didn't get to participate, however, when they wanted to.

And, I came to the realization today that I have an addiction. To flannel. To make baby blankets with. Or, grown up people ones. I know there are other fabrics (Erin), but I just love flannel. Erin told me today that she likes the cotton/poly fabric. The kind that gets "cold". I went to the store and bought some. I already have some and don't even have burning needs for it to be made, but I bought more. I'm stopping for a while. I think I'll make some and take to Mexico when I go in March. I still have 4 blankets our Relief Society made that need to go, too. Or, maybe I'll donate some to the Humanitarian Center in SLC for our church.

Later...

2 comments:

Stac said...

Did you know that when I talked to my chinease companion about all chinease people looking alike to me she told me that they think we all look alike. Weird huh? I cant really see it but thats what she said. Crazy girl.

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I saw Mystere a long time ago and really liked it. If you get a chance go see Ka. It's AMAZING (my favorite)!!! Zumanity is kinda kinky (but interesting). Love (the Beatles one) is okay - I wanted it to be better than it was. La Reve was overrated - wasn't crazy about it. I haven't seen "O" but I hear it's really good.