Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tagged

My wonderful neice Jerolyn tagged me to do this post. Probably because I've been sadly lacking in the posting department lately. Just seems I don't have that much to write about that I think anyone would care to read.



*Link to the person who tagged you
*Post the rules on your blog
*Write six random things about yourself
*Tag six-ish people at the end of your post
*Let each person know he/she has been tagged
*Let the tagger know when your entry is up

#1. I know the words to a LOT of songs. Older songs, to be sure, but a LOT. People I know at work have commented on how I should go on "Don't Forget the Lyrics" because they are sure I would win. If an oldie comes on, chances are, I know the words to it. And...it doesn't take much to get me to relate a phrase in a regular conversation to some song...and then, sing a line or two of it to show the connection! People don't especially love it when I do that, though!

#2. I hate being splashed with water or getting squirted with a water gun. Even if I'm in a pool. I think it's all about feeling like I have the control of the water. Maybe it goes back to my near drowning when I was 12, I don't know. But, really, DON'T SPLASH ME!

#3. If I make a favorite dish (Red Pepper Stew), I can eat it, breakfast, lunch & dinner, until it's all gone. I NEVER get tired of it. I'm all about making LOTS of something and then not having to cook for a few days. Kind of boring for some, but I just don't get how time of day should dictate what we eat. Chili for breakfast? Why not? Bacon, eggs or pancakes for dinner? Sure.

#4. I've gotten a LOT better about this, but I used to subconsciously "type" with my toes. I will type the entire alphabet with my toes (as though they were fingers). Not on the keyboard, silly, but in my shoes. Or barefooted. Or wherever. And, really, I think it has something to do with why I have a really good typing score! I think the brain connection was made and then reinforced. And reninforced. And...you get it.

#5. This probably comes under the heading of spoiled, but I HATE unloading the dishwasher. I'd rather wash dishes by hand! Doesn't make sense, does it? As a kid, I didn't have a dishwasher and just KNEW if I ever had one, I'd never wash a dish. But, I just hate it. I'd rather clean a bathroom. And, I don't mind folding laundry.

#6. I can't stand the thought of eating escargot. Or Sushi. Or Flan. Or, and especially, I should say, OYSTERS. I could never be on one of those reality TV shows where you have to eat all the disgusting things. I'm glad they aren't doing that on Survivor so much anymore.

I tag Megan, Marsha, Linda B (yes, you!), Sarah, Erin & Stacy.

5 comments:

Jerolyn said...

#1 Impressed
#2 I relate
#3 HOLLA
#4 Laughed
#5 Really???
#6 DITTO GIRL!

thanks for playing and I read and care!

barlows said...

I answered.

Megan said...

ok, ok. I'll do it already! But getting Mom to do it, is another thing. ;-)

Marsha said...

Excuse me..I did it! Beth how can you stand under the waterfall in Mesquite?

Leah said...

I'm with you on the unloading the dishwasher thing...Hate it!!