Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10 Days...

...since I posted. Yikes. Not that my life is so exciting that people are sitting on the edge of their seats, but I keep thinking I'll get some pictures up and just don't get around to it. So, here I am, pictureless.

I'm attending a conference this week for work. I'm just not loving it. I got to go to the office for a few hours this afternoon and it felt good to be there...doing stuff...productive stuff. I hate sitting around, listening and "learning" stuff I'll probably never get to use. Bah.

I've been a bit more productive this past week than perhaps in a while. Saturday was a blockbuster day, productively speaking. I woke up early (don't I always?) and went to Walmart just to get it over and done with. I bought mega groceries and got home by 8:45. Whew! That was accomplishment enough. I have fallen in love(?) with www.thepioneerwomancooks.com and just HAD to make her chicken & rice soup recipe. It DID NOT disappoint. But, of course, if you're going to have homemade soup, you needs to have homemade bread to go along with, right? So, I busted out a couple of loaves of wheat/white bread. Then, to top it all off, I had bought some strawberries at the store and made a batch. Not that it compares to the marathon jam making Erin did a few weeks ago, but after soup and bread, I was pretty pleased. And, I was done with all the culinary wonderfulness by 12:30.

I followed that all up with a shower and a nap that helped offset the early rising of the day. Then, cue in choir music here, I went to the Temple. That's right, 6:30 session. And somehow, in the process of the afternoon, I managed to lose my debit card and Sam's club card. I stuck them in the pocket of the shirt I wore to the Temple, but it's a rather shallow pocket and somewhere they fell out. I called the Temple today and no one has turned them in, so I guess I have to call and have it replaced. That's stinky because it takes 10 days and that's FOREVER to be without my debit card. Stinky, stinky, stinky.

I'm also working on a couple of quilts/blankets I've been working on for a while. Once I bind them, I'll have them both finished. Then, I have a couple more to start. One is going to be great! I hope. We'll see. Maybe I shouldn't be so sure of it's greatness before I start, huh?

I've felt the pull of Family History again. I have SO many names that need sealing done, I've just got to get my family to the Temple to help get these done. I went to the Family History Library tonight to work on clearing more. That's a process! But, I'm going to go back next week and see if I can't get some new names cleared. I LOVE this work. I love to think of them in the Spirit World being so happy the work is getting done for them.

My brother had knee surgery. Torn miniscus. Been there. Two times. He's doing well. As is his son. And wife. Better anyway.

Mike writes tomorrow. We get to find out if the planned baptism he had scheduled for Saturday went through. He was pretty excited in his last letter. Tom is a guy they had worked with for some time and he had decided during General Conference that he was going to make the commitment. I'm happy for Mike and the work he's put in and I know that must be so gratifying. I'm really happy for Tom. I know the great, wonderful change it will be in his life. Go Tom!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for productive days!!! And...on the subject of blankets and quilts...Seth is still talking about the yellow blankie Grandma Beth is making for his birthday. And he is insistent that it will be yellow on one side and rainbow on the other. No pressure, Grandma!

The RealFatman said...

Dang I want that same blanket TOO!!!

Also some of that bread!!

Marsha said...

It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry work has not been fun. All that food sounds so good, it will be fun when the eating it is as good. This week hasn't been too bad. At least you have sun shine and heat.

Beth said...

Erin, I've bought the fabric for the front. Rainbow on the back??? That's a new one. We need to talk.

Julina said...

Wasn't that SUCH a good email?! It sounds like he's doing really well with his new companion and they're getting a lot done. I miss him.