Friday, June 15, 2007

Ahh...Friday!

OK, so my "day off" began like this: Went to bed at 11:00 after watching a new episode of "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip". Way tired. Didn't have to work today, so I looked forward to sleeping in until oh, I don't know, 7:00? I was awake before 6:00! That's what happens when you have been getting up at 4:30 all week, I guess. So, in a matter of speaking, I DID sleep in a little. Got up, did a couple of loads of laundry, folded two other loads that belonged to someone else, cleaned the kitchen up, put away laundry, got dressed and left by 8:45 to go to my "day off". 1) Chiropractor appointment at 9:10, 2) Physical Therapy appt. at 10:00, 3) took Zoee's dress (more about that later) to N8 & Stacy's, 4) nail appointment at 1:00, 5) Kohls for Father's day shopping at 3:00 and home at 4:30 before taking David to work at 6:00. I'm so glad to have had this day "off" work because the early rising has been kicking my butt and you know that's a pretty big kick! I've been so stinking tired when I get home, I really can't muster up any energy to do much. So, I'm not sure if the 3 day weekend after working four 10 hour days is worth it or not. Nevertheless, here I am.

I started making a dress for Zoee to wear at the Temple tomorrow when she gets sealed to Nate & Stacy. It's been a while since I made a dress. It is lined, but I've lined things before. I can do this. But, as I alluded to in a previous post, I hit a snag. Right now, I want to say THANK YOU, SO MUCH to Dodie Barlow for bailing me out. I took it all over to her on Sunday and she figured out what I had done wrong (missed the directions for cutting out 3 pieces of netting for the petticoat, thereby not understanding the sewing directions. I was trying to make a ruffle out of the skirt netting...big ruffle!) and took pity on me and just finished the dress. IT IS DARLING, I have to say and will take photos of Zoee in it. I have decided that she has an engineer's brain to figure out patterns and things the way she does. She really is so smart about stuff like that. Anyway, credit and thanks to Dodie! I owe her big time!

So, here's an example of the paradox that is me. Today, as I was doing all the laundry I mentioned, I noticed by my laundry room door (tight space) was a trash bag clear full of clothes. I guessed that someone had something to go to DI. So, I passed by the bag 3 or 4 times. I knew it was there, but coming out of the laundry room, load of laundry in my arm ( no laundry basket), I tripped over it and banged into the wall, knocking off the picture that was there. I immediately swore. I will spare myself a LITTLE embarrassment by NOT telling you exactly what I said, but I swore. I almost said "it wasn't too bad" but swearing is, so I won't say that. I kicked the bag out of the way and bent down to pick up the picture OF JESUS and put Him back where he belonged. Does anyone get the irony in that???? Michael was on his way out the door right as all this happened. He rolled his eyes (as if to say, "brother, I can't believe you are my mother" and said, "I'm going to work". Weird thing is, I swore, but really didn't even feel angry. So, why did I do it? I think it was because I thought I was going to break the picture frame and when I didn't, I was OK. So, MINUTES later, I had picked up Zoee's dress and was getting on the freeway, imagining her coming into the sealing room room tomorrow. I IMMEDIATELY got misty eyed and was SO overcome with gratitude for all the events and happenings and choices that have come together to make tomorrow happen. So, there's the paradox. Swearing one minute, thinking about the Temple and bawling the next. I've got some work to do!

Had lunch with Nate and Stacy today. I echo their sentiments of the Spicy Pickle restaurant. Tasty.

It's hot. I'm not complaining, because we choose to live here and 3 months of hot beat the heck out of 8 months of cold, snow, ice and generally awful weather and scary driving. But, I do admit, it's HOT. It will probably get hotter (sorry Stacy). But, when I say I often thank the Lord for the circumstances of my birth, part of that is being glad I was born in 1955 for 2 things, especially. 1) Epidurals and 2) air conditioning. 'Nuff said.

I just heard on the news that the CCSD is needing 1163 teachers to begin school next year. That's double what they needed last year at this time. New teachers start at $33,000 and the Superintendent wants it raised to $43,000. I'm sure that would help people decide to work here. Howard is going to Detroit in a couple of weeks to recruit. I hope he's successful. So, if your kids have 40 kids in their classroom next year, don't be surprised!

Enough for now. More later.

4 comments:

Kourtney said...

Maybe Michael just thought you were "taking a note". Sorry, I had to throw that out there!
I can't wait to see pics of Zoee in her dress. I bet it will be adorable! That's so exciting that they are getting sealed tomorrow.

Stac said...

The dress is darling! I love it so much! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! We love you.

Molly said...

I'm sure the dress was just beautiful...I so wish I could've been there!

Jerolyn said...

THAT DRESS TURNED OUT SOOO CUTE! Zoee looked adorable in it!