Monday, June 9, 2008

Family Campout #2 Mt. Charleston

As most of you know, we had our 2nd Big Ol' Family Campout this past weekend @ Mt. Charleston. While it's not as green as one might like, it's high enough to be a nice, cool respite from the heat of the Vegas valley. Some stayed the night, some came up just for the day. But, it was a great, relaxing day and fun, fun, fun.

This is Briggs. The youngest one there.
Mackenzie & Zachary seriously checking out the Palm. Or whatever it was.
I got this shot of Brock. He was all by himself and had just been playing in the dirt. Too bad the sun washed out his cute face. He was serious about what he had been doing!


David and Shana.

Seth had been just a tad bit grumpy and Erin got him to smile. I LOVE his smile.
The day wasn't without it's injuries. This is Sydney's. I think it looks worse than it was. She had such a death grip on that thumb she could have had a tourniquet on it. I'm not sure that's the correct spelling of tournequit, tourniquet, turnequit, t-u-r-n..I quit!




Monica and Erin.

This is Gus. He is cute. He looks just like his daddy did. He is precious.


There were more pictures and I'm sure others will blog/post them. But, I found it interesting to sit and just listen to snippits of conversations. This is a sampling of what I heard:
"Do NOT let him get pubic hair. ANYwhere on his body!"
"You've GOT to come to Scrapfest this year!!!"
"Well, there's new new, but we're still not done with the new new."
"Gosh, I wish that fire pit would smoke some more".
" Now, there's a kid who got his money's worth out of today".
"That's your penalty for not checking that thing".
Now, you know who you are that said these things! Out of context some of them are really funny. Heck, some of them were pretty funny IN context. But, the funniest thing I heard all weekend was this:
"Bifidus regularis? More like Crampus Maximus!"
I doubt anyone else thinks we're as funny as we do. But, this is the BEST family one could be a part of. We rock!






5 comments:

Jerolyn said...

How bout' "Fart bars" and "Kashi Go Fart???"
funny funny stuff!

Kathy said...

In or out of context, those are some funny lines. Wish we'd been there.

Leah and Dustin said...

Okay I laughed out loud when I read... Crampus Maximus, I had that reaction when I tried that activia yogurt the first time, although I think I was already getting sick!! So funny!! It was good to have you up there!

Megan said...

Looks like a fun time. You're lucky to have such a great family.

Erin said...

I laughed out loud at Crampus Maximus again. Cute pics, I do like the one of Seth smiling. I swear, you can snap a pic of him smiling and then bawling all within about 18.3 seconds. Glad you came up, it was fun!