Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nobody blogs anymore!

It seems like since Facebook hit the market, no one blogs anymore. Maybe that's ok, I don't know. I know I sure don't. But, that's mostly because I just don't feel like I have that exciting a life to bother with it. But, that's what a lot of people say.

It's 12 days til our missionary son, Michael, comes home. Am I excited? SO excited!
It's a very busy time at work for me and that's a blessing because it keeps my mind occupied and that's good. Very good. Though, I can tell you that at least 10-15 times a day, I think about it, look at the calendar, REcount the days and imagine the homecoming scene at the airport. Michael has requested In-N-Out for lunch that day, with absolutely NO hesitation, when asked what he'd like to do. So, that's easy enough. He's spending a lot of time deciding what he'd like his first home meal to be and is going to get back with me on that! Silly boy. Yes, it is wonderful. Not just to be able to see him again, as I think my kids think it's all about for me, but to have my entire family together, again. That's the beauty of it, for me.

I have been thinking lately about my blessings and I recognize that I am blessed in so many ways. I have pretty good health (and it's getting better), I am married to a great man and have 5 pretty great kids and 11 definitely great grandkids. I have a pretty decent paying job and Howard's job seems secure in this turbulent economic time. I live in the USA, which provides all sorts of blessings in and of itself {heathcare, (while not perfect is better than if I lived in China or the Congo or, I don't know, Mongolia, maybe?), clean water anywhere I go, flushing water and electric power we take for granted}. Cars that run, (carS, not car),friends & family that love me and care about me. I have, while definitely limited, an education that surpasses what many ever get to have. I have never been hungry because THERE WAS NO FOOD to eat. I am blessed to have been born in a time and place that I was able to learn about, and gain a testimony of, Jesus Christ. His grace has blessed me countless times and in countless ways. I know things and have gifts that make this life so much easier than those who don't.

The consideration of the blessings I have, especially the ones that I did nothing to receive them, naturally leads me to ponder, on occasion, the why nof it all (I'm a WHY person from the get go)and I've come to the conclusion that I don't know why I was born when and where I was, but God does.I just thank Him for his goodness and lovingkindness. With all these blessings come great responsibility. Now, that's where it gets a little dicey. I'm not so great to living up to all that I have been given. I squander time. I suppose I squander money. I'll have to account for that. I think, somewhere in the back of my mind, I hope that if I have a significant GOOD event or two that I did, or caused to happen, that it might wipe out a few of the squanderings. It probably doesn't work that way, but you know, the spirit is willing, but my flesh is DEFINITELY weak. I've come to understand that scripture more the older I get. So, the challenge is to get the flesh in line with the Spirit, huh? Yeah, I don't do so well with that, I think. But, I have my successes, too.

I guess this will be it for now.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I still check the blogs and I'm always happy when there's something new. It's hard to believe Michael will be home so soon. I'm sure the time didn't go by quickly for you, but it doesn't seem like two years since he left.
I'll look forward to pictures.