Monday, January 19, 2009

On the Verge

Tonight, we are on the verge of making history in America. I'm excited. I'm hopeful. I'm encouraged. I don't think a magic wand is given to the new president when he's inaugrated, so I don't expect miracles overnight. I think it's going to take a LOT of work and cooperation and abandoning "politics as usual" to repair damage that we're seing the results of, now. And time. It's going to take some time. Hopefully, time is given him. I don't know if changes I hope for will happen. That will depend on others. I will pray for our new president. I will pray for his family. I will pray for the Senators and Representatives that have the awesome, mind boggling job of making our country's laws. And, I will go to bed tonight, like I do every night, thankful to be an American.

I don't know how to do a lot, computer wise, but on Oprah.com, there is a new song that David Foster has written, sung by some amazing artists. I tried to copy the link, but I'm dumb and wasn't successful. You can go there until Tuesday at 5:00 and download the song for free. It's amazing, as is the video. Please watch it. And, pray for our new president,

1 comment:

lbozyone said...

Beth you are so right. He will need the our prayers as he has a mess to sraighten out. It will take time. I believe he will be good for our country.