Saturday, September 20, 2008

Time Out!

I went to Time Out For Women, today. It was originally scheduled to be held in February, but when Pres. Hinckley died, it was postponed. I went two years ago. It was good, but a bit cheesy. OK, really cheesy. I might have skipped this year, except for the fact that my ALL TIME FAV Gospel music singer, Hilary Weeks was performing. So, I went. Was not disappointed.

Hilary was pretty much the main event. I thought that she'd sing a song, maybe two, three if we were really lucky and then she'd be off. But, no, she was on, off, on, off, on, off...singing every time. Pretty great. She has a new CD out, which I purchased on the spot and she sang a few songs and I was not disappointed. She sings what's in my heart, so often. I'll stop, but I think it's safe to say there's probably not a bigger Hilary Weeks fan than me. The other speakers were pretty good and one in particular, was FUNNY. I saw some people from our old ward and visited with them. It was nice.

Work has been pretty busy, busy. I won't go into it but will just say that it appears that the increased cost of gasoline is being reflected in more students riding the busses. And, we didn't get more busses. So...lots of work for yours truly.

Howard's 60th birthday was Thursday. From what he said, he had a pretty good day. We took all our kids/spouses/girlfriend to dinner at Marie Callendars. We had the little private room and it was great. Great company, great conversation, lots of laughs and good times. I really wanted to throw a big 6-0 party for him, but he threatend mutiny if there was one, or if he even caught wind of one, so I passed. The man just doesn't appreciate a good surprise party!

My brother was without power for 5 days in Louisville this week. Hurricane Ike blew through with high winds for several hours and lots and lots of big, old, trees blew down and took power lines with them. The power company actually ran out of poles replacing all of the ones that were downed and broken. The governor had to call back the National Guard troops that had been sent to Texas to help with the clean up there. But, they finally got power back yesterday.

That's about it from my super exciting, entertaining, thrilling, life for now.

5 comments:

lbozyone said...

Beth tell howard Happy 60th.
Sounds like you are having a busy time at work.

Slug-A-Bed said...

Beth, thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your prayers, I don't talk about my faith on my site, but it is what gets me through.

Come winter I will be envying your climate, then my garden will be brown or white with snow.

Isn't PW the greatest! I love her humor and skills with food and camera.

Marsha said...

You're back..yeaaaah!I've missed your comments. I presumed you'd been busy busy at work. I think we should all be forced to have a time out once a week just to help us refocus. Nothing better than spending time with family to help you accomplish that.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Howard!

Carol Swift said...

Beth, tell Howard I send him a belated birthday wish. I won't sing or it would scare him. I have ended up on your blog several times while doing my lurking and stalking. I love your comments and hope you don't mind me popping in once in awhile. Carol