Saturday, August 9, 2008

Opening Ceremonies

Did you SEE the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night? Or, this morning, as they have re-run it? Amazing. Truly amazing. I can't even explain what you missed if you didn't because it was so technologically cool! And, just now, as I watched the torch be lit, I was thrilled. I mean, I literally got a thrill. Not unlike the thrill I get when I see the American flag in a parade. I think it's all about patriotism and all. But, seeing the torch lit was cool! Now, we get 10 days or so of great athletes and great wins and losses to watch.

I think the Olympics are fun to watch, because even (and maybe BECAUSE) if one isn't athletic, it's hard to not admire the athleticism of those that are. And, the hard work and sacrifice and dedication is inspirational. I have a hard time deciding which Summer Olympic events are my favorite. I do love the gymnastics. I think of our great-nephew Garrett and wonder how he'll feel watching them. He's doing well, by the way, in re-hab in California, thankfully. I love swimming and volleyball and diving. Remember when Greg Lougainis cracked his head? Scary. It WAS Greg Lougainis, wasn't it?

Anyway, I love the Olympics. Don't you? Let the games begin!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Those Opening Ceremonies were really incredible!! We enjoyed every minute. GO USA!!

Rick/Dad/Grandpa/Mr. D said...

I don't even have words to describe the Opening Ceremonies! Truly amazing! I'm not sure how much of the actual "games" I'll watch (as I'm sitting here watching women's volleyball) but if the closing ceremonies are even half as impressive as the opening one, I'll be watching!

If you missed it, you really did miss something amazing!