Monday, August 18, 2008

No Title

I couldn't even come up with a decent title for this nothing post so there it is. No Title.

What have I been up to? Hmm. Work. Church. Sleep. The Olympics. Repeat!

The Olympics have been fantastic and I think I'm going to go through withdrawals from Michael Phelps and the rest of the great team. This is what the Olympics do to me. I get all jazzed up over a sport that ordinarily I care NOTHING about. But, it's only every 4 years, so what the hey!

I went to the doctor today and a quote from him, "your triglycerides and sugars are beautiful!". Yay me. My cholesterol was 156 and he said that was great. Go Lipitor!

I got moved into my new office at work. It's a portable classroom that has supervisors clerks on one half and my Routing & Scheduling peeps on the other half. It's going to be good, I think.

Saturday Howard and I drove to St. George for my good friend Calleen's son, Cade's, wedding reception. It was at a beautiful country club called Entrada. It was out of town and the red rocks were a beautiful backdrop to the golf course. It was fun to see and visit with Rick and Calleen and see their grown up kids and THEIR kids. Mike and Marsha were there and we laughed and reminisced all evening. We drove home that night because I had to be home to come up with a talk for church on Sunday. Anyone want to know anything about Charity? I have lots of info on it! Thank goodness for the internet and Gospel Search. Any talk ever given or written is in there. Pretty amazing, this internet stuff, when you think about it. We get so used to and accustomed to it (is that redundant) but, really? Pretty cool.

We got a brief email from Mike today and what a great surprise. He got transferred last week and we hadn't heard from him, so this was a bonus. He'll write us his normal email on Wed. He's back in Virginia and from what he says, it sounds like he's in an entirely different mission. He says there's a huge difference in Virgina and West Virginia. He's in Buena Vista, but covers Lexington, which is the home of Southern Virgina University, or as some people call it, BYU of the East. Mike got a lot of recruiting from there. He says there are lots of members and they have lots of investigators. He sounds really pumped up. I'm happy for him.

School starts next week, so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a while. I'm going to be BUSY getting everyone's kids on the busses. OK, not EVERYone's kids, but it will feel like it.

4 comments:

Doty6strong said...

Yes~ that talk you gave on charity was amazing Beth! Was that you that quoted Elder Ballard? If so I would like to know the talk that came out of....

Beth said...

Thank you. I don't think Elder Ballard was in the mix. There were lots. What quote were you referring to? I pulled from like 6 or 7 different talks. Glen Pace, Marion Romney, Mary Ellen Smoot, I forget who all.

Marsha said...

I knew you'd give a great talk Beth, you always do. You didn't stay up too late did you? I thought you'd have a late night after a long drive home?

Beth said...

No, I went to bed and got up early.