Thursday, July 3, 2008

I've been waiting

Until I could post something fun and half way worth reading about and with some good pictures to go with it. But, I have zippo. My life at this point is all about work and collapsing when I get home from work. I have worked SO much overtime already (and not gotten paid for it, BTW). Major deadline looms Monday morning and I worked until today @ 4:45 and decided I'll go in early on Monday to finish up what I needed to do today. I've never felt so frustrated and behind and I feel like I'm never going to get caught up. So, the next time any of you have a kid or grandkid that gets on a school bus, think of me and all the work that goes into having that bus be available to you!

Howard and I met some friends this week at the Balboa Pizza restraunt in The District. GREAT food. I would recommend it. Howard got a pizza that was delivered on a wooden cutting board type thing. I got a salad and wings. They make homemade potato chips and delicious dips (garlic parmesean, french onion) that are fantastic. Anyway, it's good. It's on the back side, sort of like Lucilles. Go there. I think we're about to go check out the Orchard Street Cafe. It's right down the street from our house and I've wanted to eat there a long time and try it out.

Are you seeing a pattern here? I can't believe how much I DON"T cook anymore. I came home last night and told Howard I was hungry (starving, actually) and he told me there were tamales in the fridge he bought from someone at his school. I did make Mac & Cheese Monday. Here we are on Thursday and I'm not cooking tonight and since tomorrow is the 4th, I won't cook then, either. Probably not on Saturday. Which brings me to Sunday when I WILL cook. I feel a little guilty, but not all the time and not a lot. I think it's totally an age thing. I cooked from scratch for 25+ years and now I'm just a little tired of it all. Mostly, it's about time. I'm all about making something that gets me out of the kitchen in a hurry. Rather limiting, to be sure, but it is what it is.

I need to prepare a lesson to teach in Relief Society on Sunday. I've only had 3 months to figure out what the Lord wants me to talk about. Guess I need to get on that.

Well, in spite of no pictures, I posted. I have a boring life, so no exitement. I am going to Idaho in a couple of weeks and will enjoy Marsha's company, seeing Randy & Dan, Taco Bandito and cool weather. Good times await!

4 comments:

Stac said...

MMMM, real tamales! yum! I wish I was there to eat some of those. I am sure you will enjoy your time in Idaho because the weather is SO nice up here!!

Matt and Laura Cutler said...

Well hello there!!! I saw your blog on Julina's page and got really excited!!! It's nice to read about what you have been up to! Your grand kids are adorable! What part of Idaho did you visit? My husband is from there, so I was wondering if it's anywhere near Blackfoot.

Beth said...

Hey, Laura. I haven't been yet, but am going to Burley. Not really near Blackfoot, but I know where it is. When did you get married?! Where do you live? Email me: hegarrard@cox.net

Marsha said...

Who loves to cook unless you don't have to? Even Megan has her days she doesn't want to. Tamales sound good but I'm with Stac only real ones!